Nintendo DS Programming

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Liazon wrote:btw, any advice on how not to get scammed, phished, or any other bad thing happen to you when purchasing on the internet?
Ask someone with firsthand experience with the site in question to make sure it's ok.
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

Memory card plus reader both arrived today, both work great :) A much needed improvement to my mom's 128mb card :P

I'm still waiting for the m3 :/
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Damn, thats what happened to me but the other way around. I had MK4-Key and Supercard Lite, but no microSD card :S.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Patori
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Patori »

Liazon wrote: Is Dualis the best DS emu right now?
I believe so. Don't quote me on that one.
Currently coming up with a new signature idea... since my forum avatar changer was killed by an upgrade...
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

Each emu has its own quirks, but Dualis is generally considered best for homebrew. It doesn't emulate commercial roms for conservative reasons.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
KevinJB
Calc Wizard

Post by KevinJB »

Got my m3 today!

One gripe: You have to convert everything to a special format. Converting takes for EVER. Or at least so it seems to me.

I'll shutup though it's worth it :D
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
KevinJB | RevSoft
Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

new DS lite colors = yay!!!! I'd like a black one. Ya think a new nintendo handheld will be released 2 years from now?
Image Image Image
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

A new one? Probably not. A third version of the DS? Probably. I do want a black Lite though, but theres nothing wrong with my original gray DS.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

In case anyone hasn't gotten an SD card yet for this(or anything really) there's a great deal going on at buy.com right now. You can get a Kingston 512mb SD card for free effectively with free shipping at buy.com. To get it, you need to get the memory card and something else(second item is to increase total order to $30, so find some item for about $1 to increase your order total). Use google checkout, as it gives you $10 off any order of $30 or more. Then, the mail-in rebate will give you a $19 back, so, $28.95 - 10 = 18.95 -$19 = free. Just make sure to select the free shipping. The only cost you would have is the $1 item you used to increase your order total, so it's a great deal.

Here's the link to the item on buy.com
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
crzyrbl
Calc Wizard

Post by crzyrbl »

whoo! I grabbed a black m3 perfect lite w/passcard3 and a 1gig micro sd for my ds lite. I plan to do some serious homebrew later on, but for now I'm too busy coding for gamebuilders (school club) rite now. Should I use PAlib or anything like that?
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Liazon
Calc Guru

Post by Liazon »

3FG would scold you for using PAlib.

3FG would say use libnds (or was it ndslib) It's a basic include, kinda like ti83plus.inc on the 8xp calcs.

btw, has anyone seen that new piece of hardware? It looks like a NDS cartridge, but it's for homebrew. I think it's a little linger than a normal cart because it has a miniUSB connector on it.
Image Image Image
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

Yeah that one has really high prospects. 512mb flash card built in. Even functions as a flash drive. Supposedly you can any pirated roms nearly 100% even local multiplayer.

Though for Homebrew im not sure. For one you don't have the extra ram that the others have, so anything that may need it, you don't have. Also how well does it work for saves in homebrew? Plus its expensive.

http://www.ds-x.com/cgi-bin/dsx/engine.pl?page=home
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

It's not a good choice. It only has 512 mb of space and it isn't totally supported by homebrew. It does work well with pirated roms, but it doesn't hold as much as m3 or supercard.

Don't use PALib, use libnds. The best help you can get is from the people in #dsdev on irc.blitzed.org.
Jim e
Calc King

Post by Jim e »

threefingeredguy wrote:It's not a good choice. It only has 512 mb of space and it isn't totally supported by homebrew. It does work well with pirated roms, but it doesn't hold as much as m3 or supercard.

Don't use PALib, use libnds. The best help you can get is from the people in #dsdev on irc.blitzed.org.
Doesn't hold as much? 512 mb seems like a a standard size. Unless you get your hands on those 2gb flash cards, but those ussually have speed or price issues.

I don't know it got rave reviews on gbatemp.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=38183
The comparison says the homebrew compatibilty is nearly perfect. Its standard MSD so even linux and mac guys can use it.

heres its review

And this is what the review says its compatible with.
* BeUp - PASS
* DS Doom - PASS
* DS Organize - PASS
* Moonshell - PASS
* NDS Mail - PASS
* NESDS - PASS
* PicoDrive DS - PASS
* ScummVM DS - PASS
* SNEmulDS - PASS
* Snezzi DS - FAIL

That looks pretty good to me. The only down side is the price.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

are you talking about sd cards? You can get 1gb and even 2gb ones for really cheap. If that's what you're talking about, I can post some deals on them.

For example, there's a 1gb miniSD card(with sd card adapter) for $5, shipped, on newegg
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image