What to talk to a girl about?

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

What to talk to a girl about?

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

What do girls generaly talk about when they are bored? They are not interested in AMD fighting against AMD or NVidia vs ATI, or AMD + ATI, or Dell +AMD, or any of the above.
Neither do they play soccer,tennis, or chess.

So, what do girls talk about and what can a guy talk to a girl about?
Life is getting better.
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

Um, it's pretty dumb to assume girls all talk about the same thing. My girlfriend likes video games, but it would be dumb to imagine that all girls do. Find out what she likes.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

People can be different, they may like sports (yes, girls too).
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

They all talk about people they know. Friends, relations, collegues, etc. All of them.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Arcane WIzard wrote:They all talk about people they know. Friends, relations, collegues, etc. All of them.
So does every human being. What's your point? :?
NanoWar
Extreme Poster

Post by NanoWar »

His point is that they just talk about everything.
Which makes this topic irrelevant.
Revolution Software
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

kv83 wrote:
Arcane WIzard wrote:They all talk about people they know. Friends, relations, collegues, etc. All of them.
So does every human being. What's your point? :?
My point is that they all talk about relations.

Further more:

Music, nature, pets. Avoid politics.

Find common interests so you actually have something to say. It doesn't really matter what you talk about, more how you talk about it.

But to start with, talk about who she is.
Last edited by Arcane WIzard on Mon 24 Jul, 2006 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Arcane WIzard wrote:Avoid politics.
Why am I reminded of the Harry Enfield and chums 'Mr Cholmondley-Warner's Public Information Film'? :P "Women! Know your limits!"
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Talk about breakfast.
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

Arcane WIzard wrote:Talk about breakfast.
Hey, that actually worked. :P
That topic slowly evolved into who is making dinner in the family (she does) and then somehow into why some guys pretend to be gay. :roll: Then we started arguing over their marriages.
Find common interests so you actually have something to say. It doesn't really matter what you talk about, more how you talk about it.
The problem is, we dont have any common grounds. I got a job, and the rest of time I try to spend outside to compensate, while she stays inside 24/7 reading books.
Life is getting better.
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

I know a girl I've had some long conversations about spirituality with, if she reads books then she sounds like quite a thinker so spiritual stuff might be something.

What are the books about?

Also, drinks are an awesome topic if you know some and have some stories involving them.

Maybe what you've done outside, if it's exciting.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

Talk about how awesome MaxCoderz is!
Arcane WIzard
Calc Guru

Post by Arcane WIzard »

Her eyes.
Loki
Extreme Poster
Location: My world is in grayscale, but if i stand still long enough, i see it in black and white.

Post by Loki »

some reason, i was reminded of an episode of "Yes, Prime Minister"...talk to girls how you would a guy, except keep in mind that not everyone is like us and interested in technology and programming. usually, girls are no different than guys. If you're unsure of what to talk about, mention a few subjects like, "So, what kind of music do you like?" or something. Before you know what her views are on religion and/or politics, avoid saying something that may turn her off the conversation. Be sure she hates Bush before you say "Jeez, i hate george bush.."
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

Loki wrote:some reason, i was reminded of an episode of "Yes, Prime Minister"...talk to girls how you would a guy, except keep in mind that not everyone is like us and interested in technology and programming. usually, girls are no different than guys. If you're unsure of what to talk about, mention a few subjects like, "So, what kind of music do you like?" or something. Before you know what her views are on religion and/or politics, avoid saying something that may turn her off the conversation. Be sure she hates Bush before you say "Jeez, i hate george bush.."
I covered all of those topics like music/religion(carefully)/governemt like a long time ago :(

The second problem is that 2 month ago I started spending less time inside and more time outside. And she just stays inside and reads fiction...(not even science fiction)
Talk about how awesome MaxCoderz is!
She doesnt even have ISP!!!
Her Eyes
..are brown. My eyes are blue (or so I found out when she told me lol)

Are there any other topics girls are interested in?
Life is getting better.