Test if you're smart

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Test if you're smart

Post by Kozak »

http://www.highiqsociety.org/noflash/no ... sts.htm?IQ

Take the most right test, I guess even 1 question provides you with a 160+ IQ :o.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

IQ tests just remind me how thick I am, so I don't take them.
For a much easier test that I had to take, click here
Shadow Phoenix
Calc Guru

Post by Shadow Phoenix »

last time i took an IQ test i finished with 150
Life is getting better.
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Kozak I took that test and tried to solve the first five. I had the feeling I was coming close at the 5th puzzle but I didnt solve it. Did you actually solve one?
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

I tried the one on the left ('ultimate IQ test'), and I scored 151. The first set of exercises was quite annoying with all of those unfolded polyhedra. I feel too queasy to take the rightmost one now.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

I think i solved one, but i'm not sure, it's frickin hard!!! Normally i score around 135 at IQ tests...
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

I'm going to spend some time and actually try to figure out some of those...I'd much rather rght a program to do them for me...
Reginald Tucker (Gimpynerd) www.gimpynerd.com
Amateur Programmer / Game Designer

Want to learn Z80 assembly? E-mail me at gimpynerd@gmail.com to set up a time for lessons!
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Re: lol

Post by Kozak »

the_unknown_one wrote:I think i solved one, but i'm not sure, it's frickin hard!!! Normally i score around 135 at IQ tests...
Have you ever done a real IQ test? Only really smart people score around 130-140.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Nice one Kozak :).

Although i generally score high on IQ tests, i dont really like them that much. I doubt that they can sufficiently gauge the intelligence of someone ... a lot of it is open to past experience and education.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

Good scores on IQ tests show how good you're at IQ tests :) It's pretty obvious one has to be smart to score well on a test, but a bad score doesn't mean one is "dumb". I prefer looking at what people have done/do and set a temporary "smartness level" (or whatever) from that.
And I've never completed an IQ test, so don't ask ;)
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Well it's obvious IQ tests are made by physchologists who know next to nothing about brain development. Physchologists make tests based on experience and developed parts of the brain (thos who play with lego will have a better geometrical insight into problems).

Real intelligence, has been proposed, to be caused by a certain selectivity and speed with which neurons make connections and make assocations. This can only be measured in the 5-12 age of a developing human, and only partly in mature humans.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

tr1p1ea wrote:Although i generally score high on IQ tests, i dont really like them that much. I doubt that they can sufficiently gauge the intelligence of someone ... a lot of it is open to past experience and education.
Nah... IQ test measure your intelegence (when done right), not your wisdom... two different things... you can be stupid as hell, and still have a great wisdom... I score around 120-130 normally... :)
Duck
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Duck »

Yes, I'm also around 130 usually. I have an extremely bad memory though, so my real-world intelligence might be some lower :roll:
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

I took the ultimate one and scored a 136 but i got boed about half way through it and slacked off...ive taken a real one abd got much higher...but i think coelurus is right in that all it proves is that you are good at IQ tests...

Want to learn Z80 assembly? E-mail me at gimpynerd@gmail.com to set up a time for lessons!
gimpynerd
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by gimpynerd »

Kozak wrote:Well it's obvious IQ tests are made by physchologists who know next to nothing about brain development. Physchologists make tests based on experience and developed parts of the brain (thos who play with lego will have a better geometrical insight into problems).

Real intelligence, has been proposed, to be caused by a certain selectivity and speed with which neurons make connections and make assocations. This can only be measured in the 5-12 age of a developing human, and only partly in mature humans.
yea i took a professional one a long time ago and supposedly got a 165.