Do you Google?

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

Kozak wrote:- quicktime can't stream on IE (ok this might be personal but I like streaming).
You can fix all your QuickTime woes by using QuickTime alernative (as well as installing Real Alternative). QuickTime and Real Player are right pains to get working.

Again, it seems to be problems on what hardware you have, what version of the OS, and what the wind speed is. Firefox is unbearably slow on my PC as it is at home, yet loads much faster at my work (and on that PC IE is borked beyond all recognition). That's why people have said that comparing speeds is hopeless - on some machines one wins, on others the other does.

Also, there seems to be a lot of misinformation going around. No MSN search in Microsoft's own browser? It's that big button marked as "Search" on the toolbar :roll:

As for spyware - the best bet is to only install trusted software, make sure you have XPSP2 installed and are using Microsoft AntiSpyware (nice free download and works a lot better than Spybot S&D). My system is totally virus and spyware free, because I look after it :D
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

I absolutely hate streaming video in the browser. I rather start downloading the file and give it to mplayer to chew on at the same time. As for speed and many other aspects, everything is clearly inferior to Opera. ;)
benryves
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by benryves »

CoBB wrote:I absolutely hate streaming video in the browser. I rather start downloading the file and give it to mplayer to chew on at the same time. As for speed and many other aspects, everything is clearly inferior to Opera. ;)
Opera is a nice browser indeed. Shame about the adverts... :(
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

When the main bar is disabled, it becomes much less intrusive.