Other Programming

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Spengo
Calc Master

Other Programming

Post by Spengo »

Does anyone else here program things other than ti stuff?
bananas... o.o
Mortal-God

Post by Mortal-God »

The only actual programs that I have written, other than for TI calculators, just for myself are a couple of perl scripts to parse some webpages and make browsing a little easier :)
Other than that, nothing of any significance though I do know other languages.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

I wrote some level editor's with VB6, and a little game. Crates3D.

Also I made a lot of webpages in php, as well as extensions for phpBB.

Lastely I program a lot for my work, my I can't tell you anything... it's secret 8) (<--- should look like james bond... if not, sue me)
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

For me _ALOT_ of PHP and some C++ for both Half-Life 2 and Symbian OS (mobile phones).
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
leofox
Calc Master

Post by leofox »

I had to program in LOGO for school a few years ago. Other than that: only HTML, and i tried visual basic.
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

lol

Post by the_unknown_one »

HTML, PHP, MySQL, C#, (used to) QBasic... Maybe some others too...
DJ_O
Calc King

Post by DJ_O »

I programmed some VB6 puzzle adventure RPGs with no battles at school. If anybody who has MS visual Basic 6 and want to compile them and re-send me in .exe format PM me and I'll upload them to UnitedTI and sive you the link, but other than VB and my crappy HTML work I didn't do any other stuff. :?
Image Image Image Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

z80 was just a little break for me and I made a game plus a few small tech demos during that time. Had done a lot of DOS coding in Pascal/asm before that. Wrote an app in Java for astronomy-students at a university to plot raw data from a radio telescope about one year ago and now I'm working on and off on my "plugin-engine" which shall be used for 3D programming (a game some day maybe, or that I hope anyway :) ).
teoryn

Post by teoryn »

I've done very little with TI programming, but the last half year or so I've been working on java. I've written a few nifty programs. My first applet I made just when I started and it would let you click three points and draw a circle through them. A couple months ago I made a program that draws fractals (some ss's in a thread somewhere around here), and I made a program that unscrambles words, which is pretty cool.
You've seen the posts, now see the sites!
http://hiddenuniverse.blogspot.com
http://teoryn.deviantart.com
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

wow, you guys do all sorts of important stuff. I just like to make videogames. :D. I've tried using visual basic before, but I found that, because it's speed is determined by the processor speed, the games were completely unplayable on my new PC :P. Ever tried to play breakout with a ball going 3*10^8 m/s ?
bananas... o.o
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

lol man hahaha :D thats funny.
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

When you use good coding techniques you can adapt speed to computer performance. It's called 'timers' ;).
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
VahnRPG
Extreme Poster

Post by VahnRPG »

Lesee...I'm into php (heavily), html of course, perl, c/++, VB, um...what else...
think that's really all the main stuff I use. there's probably some other things I haven't done in a really long time like basic...
I'd rather be a nobody remembered by someone than a somebody remembered by noone.

'Boku' can't save the world - Blaze Rennaul
--'Boku' doesn't have to... - Klyne Ryuuno
Blue World - Coming soon