The General "Funny Movie, Picture or Website" topi

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

get a digital camera/camcorder and it will let u hook up to the usb port and let u upload it... duh
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

lecks wrote:get a digital camera/camcorder and it will let u hook up to the usb port and let u upload it... duh
Wrong theard?
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

Homestar wrote:8) I beat the blue button game perfectly... without hitting a single red button even once. :P :P
----------------------------------

I have a question... If I were to make a movie (home-made) how can I upload it? It will probably be in Windows media format.
i dont think its the wrong thread. i was answering this guy's question
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Opps I just saw the ----- and thought it was a sig..... :oops: .

Funny firefox vids but My favorite is the first one. SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Re: The General "Funny Movie, Picture or Website"

Post by Homestar »

@ Leeks: I know that, but where can I upload it, especially in one of those Windows Media player tiles, and post it on a forum.

------------------------------------------
kv83 wrote:To decrease the amount of "OMG THIS IS SO FUNNY!!ONE!" topics, you can post all your movies, pictures and websites here. Note that the general rules still aply on this topic :)

(P.s.: All other threads will be closed)
Here are some AWESOME pictures.

First of all, No, I didn't get this off a website, nor did I Mod the picture THIS IS REAL!!!
here again... Homestar just wrote:THIS IS REAL!!!
Story behind it all:
We had a very odd hailstorm by our house (it was hailing when the temperature was 71 degrees... :? no joke.) and when we went outside to look at the hail (it was still raining) my brother (thecheat) got the great Idea :idea: to start eating the hail. :sick:
(but I guess that's what little brothers are for; He commented It had something to do with his "Higher Intellect" or something".)

Anywho, just as he was about to eat some of the hail he reailzed one of the pieces had something in it :o ...

Upon closer inspection he started yelling to me that a little spider was inside one of the hail-stones. :shock: :shock:

Talk about a freak of nature... a spider inside a hailstone?

Anyway, It is definately a spider, about 2-3mm by 2-3mm 'petrified' inside a hailstone a little bigger than two nickels stacked on top of each other...

Here's a front-zoomed view... _____________and here's a side-zoomed view...
Image Image

It was extremely windy when this happened, but how a spider got blown sky high, frozen and formed into a hailstone, found on our driveway, almost eaten by thecheat, and then noticed before it's consumption, kept by someone more responsible than his younger brother, taken pictures of, and then posted on a calculator programming forum? I don't know...

But nonetheless it did happen

All I know is that it happened, and I have living proof... ok, mabye not living... in my freezer (as a keep-sake). :D

Anyone can make a fake video, or picture. But only the select few have something REAL :P :P :P

(I just hope we don't lose power anytime soon) :shockedsad:
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Eat it, lol "Higher Intellect"...Well It does seem weird, but this is what could've happened:
It started hailing and a curious spider decided to walk onto a hailstone, but then another hailstone came smashing onto it and the two hailstones formed into one! :P
Homestar
Extreme Poster

Post by Homestar »

kalan_vod wrote:Eat it, lol "Higher Intellect"...Well It does seem weird, but this is what could've happened:
It started hailing and a curious spider decided to walk onto a hailstone, but then another hailstone came smashing onto it and the two hailstones formed into one! :P
no, the spider is clearly inside the hailstone, uncrushed.

It's kinda hard to see that the spider is really in the middle of the hailstone (a little lopsided) because my digital camera only takes pictures more than a foot away, and the ice is transparent, so the camera focus's on the table, not the hailstone.

If you look at the two pictures you'll see the side picture and the front show the spider in a 'different place', but really that little guy's right in between them. It just looks that way because light "bends" when going throught different substances.

-------------------------------------
...In the message below, thecheat wrote:I did have the thought that because of the high humidity the spider had walked on it, frozen, then the cold had layered ice over it, but, the other hail I had seen
EDIT: Sorry to everyone, but sometimes my brother says things that he knows nothing about.
Like I said before the temperature was 71 Degrees!!! little peices of Ice melt quickly in that type of weather, not grow larger. Besides, the spider's legs are wavy and in different directions, not anything like 'he had walked on the peice of hail'
Last edited by Homestar on Mon 05 Dec, 2005 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Homestar just earned .75 maxcoins for this post.
thecheat
Calc Guru

Post by thecheat »

yes it's inside the hailstone, and yes I was serously debating to eat it... you know you have these little chunks of ice everywhere, and hey, let's see how polluted it is! heh yeah anyways, picked it up, and saw a speck on it. upon closer inspection (don't want to eat hail with crap on it) I found it was INSIDE it (about 2-4mm) and was a spider, then homestar decided to just take it inside, and poof, it's on here.

I did have the thought that because of the high humidity the spider had walked on it, frozen, then the cold had layered ice over it, but, the other hail I had seen (I had been in anotherplace at the time of the hail, 5 mins to get home) was smaller, which seemed to give evedence for the whole layered thing but that had melted in a few minutes, so it stands to reason it had been DEEPER inside the ice, which must have been thicker, and then thawed a bit. just think of the chances of me just happening to find that exact piece of hail...grr I wish I had that kind of luck when I had a chance of winning things!
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

this proves my theory of spiders having wings... i've seen em fly... theyre scarier when you have aracnidfobia
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

A spider can't REALLY fly, but some kinds can spin a kind of parachute that catches the updrafts and soars off wherever the wind takes 'em.
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Are you sure it isn't a fly? How much legs does it have?

It is not uncommon however for such small creatures to be blown high up in the sky. Possibly even where hail is formed. It's quite a unique stone though :).
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
CompWiz
Calc King

Re: The General "Funny Movie, Picture or Website"

Post by CompWiz »

Homestar wrote:@ Leeks: I know that, but where can I upload it, especially in one of those Windows Media player tiles, and post it on a forum.
google it. just search for free video hosting, and you get a few websites.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

Interesting article.
Sorry Kv for posting a new topic :P...
threefingeredguy
Calc King

Post by threefingeredguy »

OMG this is AWESOME!!11one!
kalan_vod
Calc King