Another puppy..

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Another puppy..

Post by DarkAuron »

I'm not sure if I had found MaxCoderz when this had happened, but those of you whom might know, my dog died 2 days before Thanksgiving of 2003. Not any death, really. She was about 11-12 years old, so she was a bit aged.. however how she died is a bit horrible.

I normally go to my sister's house for the entire summer school break, and come back in August. Well, when I had come back, Frodo (my dog, and yes she's named after Frodo from LotR) had this REALLY nasty eye infection. It.. looked like algae was coming out of her eyes. Within 2 weeks of my return, she became completely blind, and kept bumping into things. As time passed, she almost completely stopped eating, and then she could barely move. I can't type this myself.. it's too hard for me to explain. Here is my sister's LJ post on it, back on November 25th of 2003. Be warned, I can't even bare to read that post anymore.

So my parents got a new puppy just before my dog died. Did they take care of it and make sure it was healthy? No. The puppy died not even at even a year old. I found out when I called my mom weekly from my sister's house during the summer.

Now what's this about another puppy? Another one? Don't they learn? Apparently not. Last night when I was at my friend's house, my mom called and yelled at me for not calling her, and they she told me they got a new puppy. I come home today and my dad tells me they're also getting a second one, so they can have two.

I'm so full of anger and sick memories that I almost just want to move to my sister's house.. I don't think I can watch two puppies die.. again.

All comments and feelings are welcome. I'm almost asking for advice.. because I'm a bit depressed right now.
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

I read that post by your sis and i almost started crying. Thats really sad DarkAuron ... im so sorry.

Im not sure what to say, i wish i could think of something that will cheer you up ... but i dont know what ...

"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

That's a really sad story... if it's that bad at your home, than I hope you can move to your sister! I know from my girlfriend, that losing an animal, which you know from when you were a child is as sad as losing a close friend or someone from your family! Good luck man!
CoBB
MCF Legend

Post by CoBB »

Such an animal IS a member of the family.
kv83
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by kv83 »

CoBB wrote:Such an animal IS a member of the family.
That was what I was trying to say, yes :)
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

awful

Post by the_unknown_one »

*holding up his tears* Awful man... I dont know what to say. That really sucks... I lost a pet i liked very much too a few years ago, i know how you feel, its terrible. And getting a new pet makes it even worse... I can't believe your mother and her second husband are so cruel! If there is anything we can do to cheer you up, man, just let us know :wink:
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

The way Frodo died is real sad to read. But I keep wondering how come your mother or your sister or you didn't take it to the vet to get some healing for that eye infection? And how come you totally blame your mother for all what happened?
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
coelurus
Calc Wizard

Post by coelurus »

Eeh...
After reading that post, I think you gotta report what happened to somebody who cares about pets. Your parents really need to learn a thing or two, so make sure not only your sister and you knows about this. It might be harsh, but don't you dare let the new puppies suffer like the others did if you keep quiet about this, you have to make sure they get proper care. Might be easier for your sister, just do something for the pups.