Starcraft Debate

Feel like posting Off Topic? Do it here.

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Charlie Brown

Starcraft Debate

Post by Charlie Brown »

The longest standing debate I know of relating to "the ultimate game" is whether money maps are nub or not?

I feel it depends on who you play with, it can require as much or even more skill to play it. People nowadays just judge the map by their past experiences or current experiences in public games. They do not realize that the game is ever changing, the map has evolved much from what it had been. The difference in skill between public games and private games are drastic.

Feel free to express thoughts, feelings, just so as it does not offend anyone. meh
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

I prefer money maps mostly because it takes away some skill that's required and changes the gameplay. Instead of focussing on micromanaging your resources you don't have to worry about it, you can emphasize battling and matches durate longer.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Yeah, its lik 2 rich nations battling until the other crumbles.
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Games on normal maps just take too long.
ImageImage
Mortal-God

Post by Mortal-God »

personally I liked the Big Game Hunters maps, because they were still money but the starting location wasn't always enough for a win, especially if the players were evenly matched. Damn now I wish I had my starcraft cd so I could go play again, thanks a lot guys! Oh well, I shall have to wait for starcaft II, what a long wait that is going to be.
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

My cdkey is illegal. Actually...my copy is illegal :x .
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
DarkAuron
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by DarkAuron »

You guys need places like Halfprice Books. Everytime I go to one, theres a copy of each of Blizzard's earlier games (like starcraft), just about. You could snag a used copy for $3 or so :)
[Gridwars Score] - E: 1860037 M: 716641 H: 261194
Andy_J
Calc Master

Post by Andy_J »

Used as in someone's quite possibly still out there playing on battle.net with that CD key...

But yes, BGH is a nice map. Too bad most of the people I play with anymore would rather not play at all than not play on a fastest map...
ImageImage

Post by Guest »

Micro is present in FMP, just not in the lower skilled games.

Go here: http://www.starcraftdream.com

All pro money mappers, none of them show any respect except me. I still remember that 13 months ago, I was one of the best money mappers, Top 10 in USWest, not proven, but most likely true. Games on money maps between two pros that are equally skilled take much longer than a game on low money. West >>>>>> East
tr1p1ea
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by tr1p1ea »

Wow, i never knew ppl still played this game ... let alone took it so seriously!
"My world is Black & White. But if I blink fast enough, I see it in Grayscale."
Charlie Brown

Post by Charlie Brown »

tr1p1ea wrote:Wow, i never knew ppl still played this game ... let alone took it so seriously!
Seeing how there's a damn encyclopedia entry...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starcraft
one highly successful player, known in-game as SlayerS_`BoxeR`, signed a 1 year, ~$2,000,000 contract in 2004
I think they do take it quite seriously, other than those players, the "average" player on SCD plays maybe... 5... 6 hours a day, having the Starcraft client itself open perhaps... anywhere from 20-24 hours. I've beaten just about everyone on money maps, how about some debating?

Gol vs Guard

Topic