Game help

Moderator: Kozak

Elegy

Game help

Post by Elegy »

Please help the idiot who's not used to 8-bit games :oops: I'm in chapter two and I've looked everywhere for the smith who's supposed to help you fix the portal; I can't find him. Where IS he? *sigh*

BTW...the Tolkien references were quite random and made me laugh in the middle of Chemistry *grin*. Fun game so far!
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

Well he is in the total south west of the map. When you walk to the north west there is a guy who says '....created the sea'. Walk down, and there are some trees you can walk behind. This enables you to enter a forest path which leads to his house.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
Angry and Confused

Post by Angry and Confused »

Okay, I think your game is really coool, but there are two things (in chap 1) that piss me off.

1)Where is Scrooge?

2)Why can't I kill the stupid black balls?
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

umm, you mean stooge? anyway, go talk to the ranger in the upper right hand side of the map. That gets you the magic powder. Stooge is right by the inn, and when you get the holy fire magic, it is a lot easier to kill the balls.
bananas... o.o
tokijnct

Post by tokijnct »

Or you could buff up Lelani's spirit/MP in the meantime. She seems to hit enemy units more often then David... or you could run from the higher leveled orbs.
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

I am on the last chapter and I just learned that I need to go up one more level to be Asghan. *spengo sighs* 22000 exp points to go...
bananas... o.o
Not angry, but confused

Post by Not angry, but confused »

Is stooge the the Mage? I got the book from him but I need to find the ammy for "slidder". Ummm?

What does spirit do anyways, is it like mana and agility together?
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

try reading the readme :p
Spirit is how well your character can hit enemies. The opposite of agility.
bananas... o.o
Baked or Fried?

Post by Baked or Fried? »

Yeah same question - whos stooge? I need the ammy from him
Spengo
Calc Master

Post by Spengo »

stooge is the wizard guy. He helps you out throughout the game. Don't know what you mean by ammy, but maybe that's just cause i didn't read the talking carefully enough. :P Anyway, give him magic powder from the ranger guy and he'll teach you magic.
bananas... o.o
The confused guy

Post by The confused guy »

No, there's a skeleton guy named "slidder" who wants me to get an ammy from stooge so i can "get its powers" .. :? .. I don't read readmes either, im too lazy. :lol:

Maybe im obsessing, maybe im not.

Also, a quick tip for the creator - each time you play the game, it dispalys the intro message thingy, and I think you should only have that the first time or so, IMHO :P
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

ammy == amulet I guess :).

Stooge lives in the Verdante Forest (chapter 1) he has a house to the east near a river.

When you got to the inn and walk further to the east you cross a river and if you walk further east you'll find his house.
"They say that sea was created by a man named Maarten Zwartbol, a long time ago...." - Duck, an old Corbin version
Kozak
Maxcoderz Staff

Post by Kozak »

BTW Spengo coudl you post your stats? And tell me how you do in battle with Asghan, especially if he's to strong (do you use the modified chap7 or the one from ticalc?).
Medium Rare

Post by Medium Rare »

Hey someone should make a map of the chapters so you can look at it instead of searching for stuff... :wink:
Medium Rare

Post by Medium Rare »

Hey I missed the end of chap 3 and I didn't get the spellbook that you get there.... is there any way I can go back and get it?

thanks