Where is everyone?

A General Discussion forum for TI calculators

Moderator: MaxCoderz Staff

Timendus
Calc King

Where is everyone?

Post by Timendus »

Forum wrote:In total there is 1 user online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 34 on Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:05 pm
Registered Users: Timendus
Only something like 4 posts on the entire forum in the last hour? :?
Did someone unplug the US? :P
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
the_unknown_one
Calc Master

Post by the_unknown_one »

Like it can't happen...
kalan_vod
Calc King

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by kalan_vod »

Timendus wrote:
Forum wrote:In total there is 1 user online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Registered Users: Timendus
Only something like 4 posts on the entire forum in the last hour? :?
Did someone unplug the US? :P
Wow, thats sad timendus......
:D
CompWiz
Calc King

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by CompWiz »

Timendus wrote:Did someone unplug the US? :P
Well, I'm still here. :D I did notice the significant decrease in posts lately though. It could partly be because of the chage from .com to .net. Maybe some people don't know about the change. I did post an updated top banner for the main site. All someone has to do is put it on. The current banner still says maxcoderz.com and it's been two months since the change

How about something to increase intrest? Like a new programming competition? I suggested here that we should have one to see who can make the best game with qarnos's revolutionary new non-raycasting 3-d engine. A timeframe of, say, three months or more would give enough people enough time to finish or at least make a demo of a game. This could even revitalize z80 calc programming on a whole. Also, it could bring about some great games with amazing graphics(3d space and air fights anyone?) :excited:
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
Timendus
Calc King

Post by Timendus »

I didn't really mean in the last couple of months, but in the last couple of hours :) But anyway:
Forum wrote:In total there are 9 users online :: 7 Registered, 1 Hidden and 1 Guest [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Registered Users: blueskies, CompWiz, Homestar, Snake, threefingeredguy, Timendus, tr1p1ea
I guess it was just coincidence :)
CompWiz wrote:I suggested here that we should have one to see who can make the best game with qarnos's revolutionary new non-raycasting 3-d engine. A timeframe of, say, three months or more would give enough people enough time to finish or at least make a demo of a game.
I say we wait a few more weeks with that untill that 3D engine, Latenite, Brass and EarlyMorning are finished :)

@kalan_vod: Why is it sad? :?
http://clap.timendus.com/ - The Calculator Link Alternative Protocol
http://api.timendus.com/ - Make your life easier, leave the coding to the API
http://vera.timendus.com/ - The calc lover's OS
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

timendus wrote:@kalan_vod: Why is it sad? :?:
It was a joke, not a good one at that.

@Compwiz: well UTI has one going on, even though its basic some asm coders are doing it. So if we had one now it may not have many people (like the one tr1p. being the only contestant :P). Also the activity may be less, because of finals and whatnot also holydays.
CompWiz
Calc King

Post by CompWiz »

kalan_vod wrote: @Compwiz: well UTI has one going on, even though its basic some asm coders are doing it. So if we had one now it may not have many people (like the one tr1p. being the only contestant :P). Also the activity may be less, because of finals and whatnot also holydays.
Yeah, two competitions at the same time probably wouldn't work out as well. However, at least for me, I have more time around the holidays for calc programming, due to the break from school.
Timendus wrote:I say we wait a few more weeks with that untill that 3D engine, Latenite, Brass and EarlyMorning are finished :)
That sounds good. Those programs will really help out programmers, and of course, you can't make a game on an engine that isn't released yet.
In Memory of the Maxcoderz Trophy Image
dysfunction
Calc Master

Post by dysfunction »

In total there are 6 users online :: 3 Registered, 1 Hidden and 2 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Registered Users: dysfunction, kalan_vod, lecks

"You're very clever, young man, but it's turtles all the way down!"
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Looks like everything is fine, as for me since I live on the other side of the Timezone I see that all the time :)

Oh and don't be too surprised *cough*FINALS*cough*
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

ya ive been having midterms all week and i still got some next week. dont have much time for computer and im sure its the same for others.
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

I got Java class so I got an excuse :)
"Not long ago, the Black Gate of Armonk swung open. The lights went out, my skin crawled, and dogs began to howl. I asked my neighbor what it was and he said, 'Those are the nazgul. Once they were human, now they are IBM's lawyers.'"
kalan_vod
Calc King

Post by kalan_vod »

I just installed a garbage deposer and a hot water heater.
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

kalan_vod wrote:I just installed a garbage deposer and a hot water heater.

lmao!!!
currahee
Calc Wizard

Post by currahee »

Huh? I don't get it :(
lecks
Extreme Poster

Post by lecks »

java also means coffee.....

anyway

In total there is 1 user online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Registered Users: lecks

its not even been a year and people r starting to get on less... or it could be the midterms/fnals